Winter is Coming by Tony Johnston

 


Day after day, a girl goes to her favorite place in the woods and quietly watches from her tree house as the chipmunks, the doe, the rabbits prepare for the winter. As the temperature drops, sunset comes earlier and a new season begins. Silently she observes the world around her as it reveals its secrets. It takes time and patience to see the changes as, slowly but surely, winter comes. Winter is Coming by Tony Johnston illustrated by Jim LaMarche was published by August 2014. 

Can we first talk about the illustrations in this book. They are absolutely amazing and so well done. I love how colorful they are and how much the animals are so well illustrated in this book. I would love to have this book illustrations on any of my walls they are so well done. The story line in this book is simple and I love how the story flows through to when winter does come. I love how it talks about all the steps that nature takes in a simple way to the moment when the snow falls. It's a great book and I highly recommend checking this out especially when it's the end of fall to the beginning of winter. 





Comments

Popular Posts