My Friend is Sad by Mo Willems

 


Gerald is sad. How can Piggie be happy if Gerald is sad? My friend is Sad by Mo Willems was published in March 2007. This is book two in the Elephant and Piggie series. 

Yes, I hate to tell you but it's another Mo Willems book. My kids absolutely love this author so of course we read a lot of his books. My kids really enjoyed this book. We love that the illustrations are bright and colorful. The characters show personality of being sad and happy. My kids were able to tell the difference in them. I love that this book is talks about feelings which for kids it's hard to talk about at times. I also love that this book is in speech bubbles and it's all conversation. Which makes it a lot of fun to read along side of a kid. I love using these books to help get my kids to be a better reader. We work on fluency as read alongside each other. It's a great book and I highly recommend it. 





Comments

Popular Posts