Have You Filled a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud

 


Through simple prose and vivid illustrations, this heartwarming book encourages positive behavior as children see how rewarding it is to express daily kindness, appreciation, and love. Bucket filling and dipping are effective metaphors for understanding the effects of our actions and words on the well being of others and ourselves. Have You Filled Your a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud illustrated by David Messing was published in May 2006. This book has won Nautilus Book Award for Children's/ Young Adults Non-Fiction (silver medal) in 2008, London Book Festival Nominee for Children's Book in 2007, DIY Book Festival for Best children's Picture Book in 2007, Writer's Digest Self-Published Book Competition for Best Children's Picture Book in 2007, Purple Dragonfly Book Awards for Educational/Instructional in 2011, and The Great Southwest Book Festival for Children's Books in 2016. 

I try to read this to my kids before school starts every year. I think it's such an important book to read to our kids about how our words can hurt others. But also how we can fill our own buckets. It's so important for my kids to understand that our words can hurt even if we didn't mean for them to be mean to the other person. I love this book so much that I really wish that I had it in my family library rather then check it out every year out of the library. The illustrations really show what is happening in the book. The story is perfect and really simple words that a kindergarten can understand what is happening. I love this book and I recommend every parent and teacher to check it out. 



Comments

Popular Posts