Watch Me Throw the Ball! by Mo Willems

 


Gerald is determined to teach Piggie that ball-throwing is serious business, but Piggie is just as determined to have serious fun. Watch Me Throw the Ball! by Mo Willems was published January 2009. This is book eight in the Elephant & Piggie series. This book has won CYBILS Award Nominee for Easy Readers & Short Chapter Books in 2009, and Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Picture Book in 2009. 

I know you are most likely sick of seeing my book reviews for Elephant and Piggie books but here is another one. I have to say that we have most of the series somewhere on this blog. If you are curious I am sure you will be able to find them. I love the illustrations in this book. They are colorful and love that they are not over the time packed full. They are simple but also love that the characters expressions are shown. Just like the other books in this series the text is simple for new readers but also a lot of fun. I love that the text is in speech bubbles which makes it so fun to read with a kid. Mason and I love reading for one character through the whole book but both of us are reading the book together. I highly recommend this book. 





Comments

Popular Posts