Stellaluna by Janell Cannon

 


Is the tender story of a lost young bat who finally finds her way safely home to her mother and friends. Stellaluna by Janell Cannon published in April 1993. This book has won American Booksellers Book of the Year Award for Children in 1994, Keystone to Reading Book Award in 1995, California Young Readers Medal for Primary in 1996. 

I love reading Stellaluna as a kid myself and so it was really special for me to read it to my own children. My kids loved telling Stellaluna that she is not a bird but a bat. The illustrations in this book are absolutely amazing and so wonderful to just look at as you read the book. I love the text in this book and it's so easy to read out loud. This book teaches kids about how to be their true self even when the cool kids are doing something different. Being weird has advantages as well. I really enjoy this book and recommend everyone to check it out. 





Comments

Popular Posts