The Mitten by Jan Brett

 


When Nicki drops his white mitten in the snow, he goes on without realizing that it is missing. One by one, woodland animals find it and crawl in; first, a curious mole, then a rabbit, a badger and others. The Mitten by Jan Brett was published in October 1989. 

This is a classic book that I think all kids should read at least once in their life. I remember reading this as a child myself. The illustrations in this book are so amazing and life-like. I love how each animal that is shown has so much texture to their drawings. Jan Brett really did amazing work on the illustrations in this book. Cassie really loved looking at the pictures and being able to know what each animal actually looks like. I love this story and love that the story-line has natural progression. I also love that this is a folklore from another country then my own. I highly recommend checking this book out for your family. 



Comments

Popular Posts