The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle

 

I love reading classic picture books to my kids. In this book a cricket is born and meets a big cricket who chirps his welcome. The tiny cricket tries to respond but no sounds comes out. The cricket keeps trying through out the book when he comes across another cricket and something happens. The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle was published in November 1990. This book has won the Buckeye Children's Book Award for K-2 (1993), and Grand Canyon Reader Award for Picture Book (1993). 


I love this story about not giving up. The illustrations in this book are so colorful and amazing. I love how Eric Carle designs them with different paper. If you haven't heard how he does it you should check it out. My kids really liked this story and love reading it over and over again. This book is a classic and I think every child should have a chance to check it out. 

Check out other Award Winning Books here. 

Check out other bug books here. 



Comments

Popular Posts