Book Review: The Reasons for Seasons by Gail Gibbons

 


So, I saw there was a holiday for earth rotation. I thought, how the heck can we learn about the earth rotation using literature. Then I thought, wait...seasons. In this book, it talks about winter in the southern hemisphere at the same time it's summer in the northern hemisphere. The Reasons for Seasons by Gail Gibbons was published in January 1995. 

The illustrations in this book are colorful and really draw the eye to them. The text I feel like could be simpler terms for kids that it based on. My kids did learn things about the earth rotation from this book. I did like how they explained the concepts of the seasons being the opposite depending on where you live. I do wish they had actual pictures rather then illustrations. I think it helps to actually see it then the illustrations. But in the end it's a good book. 





Comments

Popular Posts