Book Review: Terrible Storm by Carol Otis Hurst

 


We got lots of snow on the first. Several inches on top of layers of ice. So of course my kids were outside a lot playing the snow, building snowmen. They begged to play all day every day in the snow. So of course I need to read more books about snow. In this book it's a fictional account, of Grandpa Otis and Grandpa Clark recall the great blizzard of 1888. Terrible Storm by Carol Otis Hurst was published in January 2007. 

I really wanted to like this book. The illustrations by S.D. Schindler are amazing and lifelike. It really tells the story in a way the kids really liked. We felt though the whole words in this book were confusing and didn't like that it was first person and yet it was not. We rather it tell a first person view from one of the Grandpas and not include the others. My kids were so confused through this whole book and didn't understand at all. I had to explain most of the book to them. I don't recommend this book. 





Comments

Popular Posts