Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin

 


I am trying to play catch up with the books that we have read in the past couple of years. So I will be posting a lot of book reviews for awhile. So bare with me for a bit. In this book, Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand-new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to wet as he steps along the way. Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin and illustrated by James Dean was published March 2010. This book has won North Carolina Children's Book Award (2013), and CLEL Silver Bell Award Nominee for Sing (2013). 

My kids have read this book several times over the year. It's big not only to read at school but home as well. They love the song like text that the author has created. The illustrations are simple but it's perfect for the kids to keep their attention. We love singing along and the reputative nature of the book. This book for sure should be read to all kids. I recommend adding this book to your book shelf. Have you read Pete the Cat books? Which one is your favorite? Tell us in the comments. 







We did this activity and created our own Pete the Cat. 








Comments

Popular Posts