Samuel Morse, That's Who! by Tracy Maurer

 


Do you know who invited the the Morse code? I didn't either and when I saw this book, I knew I had to check it out and learn more about the man behind Morse code. Back in the 1800s, information traveled slowly. Who would dream of instant messages? Samuel Morse. Learn about Samuel Morse and the way of telephones in this biography. Samuel Morse, That's Who!: The Story of the Telegraph and Morse Code by Tracy Nelson Maurer was published in June 2019. 

I loved this book as it's a biography but the normal biographies the kids are used to. It had a lot of facts in it about Samuel Morse but also had a storyline as well. My kids really enjoyed this book and learned a lot about Morse Code. The illustrations in this book are colorful and draw the kids to look at the page. They loved that at one point it shows lines on a map. The kids pointed out that it looked like telephone poles. Which then later they found out they were in deed the past of telephone poles. They loved it and I am so glad that I picked this book up. 


So with this book, I looked up the Morse Code for the kids to write their name in it. They had so much learning how to use Morse Code and started to write hidden messages using it. Have you ever used Morse Code? Tells us in the comments. 





Comments

Popular Posts