50 States to Reading: Michigan

 


This past fall we ran up to Michigan to say goodbye to my Grandpa. The younger two kids have never been to Michigan before. We saw some amazing sights on our trip. So when it came time to visit Michigan in books the kids were excited to learn more about the state that they visited. We are hoping to be able to go back sometime this year. 

Michigan (Rookie Read-About Geography) by Jan Mader, Herman Adler Design, and Caroline Anderson, and Jeanne Clidas was published in December 2005. This book is designed for the younger elementary kids. I loved the pictures in this book some of them are older in nature but it shows the beautiful sky. My kids loved this non-fiction book as it did not overwhelmed them and had text that they could understand. I recommend checking this book out for the young elementary kids. 

Michigan (A True Book: My United States) by Josh Gregory was published in September 2017. This book I recommend for grades three to fifth grade. This book is full of history and geography and wildlife and future outlook. I love the illustrations in this book and its graphics in this book. This book has a lot of fun aspects in it whether you read sections or the whole thing. 

Have you been to Michigan? What places should we visit next time we are there? 













Comments

Popular Posts