I have a Dream by Martin Luther King jr.

 


On Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, I wanted to teach my kids some of Martin Luther King Jr. famous teach. I wanted to teach them why he was such an important person in our history. Also wanted to talk to them about what has been happening in our world currently. As they have been hearing snippets of injustice from around them. I Have a Dream by Martin Luther King Jr. illustrated by Kadir Nelson was published in August 1973. This book has text from his famous speech. 

I really liked the illustrations in this book. They are life-like and really gives my kids the power to know what it looked like and who Martin Luther King Jr. looked like as well. I think it's important with such an important book to have life-like illustrations and not cartoonish. I loved the snippets of his speech throughout the book. Knowing my kids are able to hear me read it to them in terms that they know and without a lot of fluff. I know for sure that this book will be read a lot to my kids. I recommend checking it out.  Do you have any books for Black History month to read? Let us know in the comments. 






Comments

Popular Posts