Tacky and the Winter Games by Helen Lester

 


I have read a couple of books about the main character named Tacky. I used to read it to my third graders that I was student teaching many eons ago. I couldn't wait to share this series with my own kids. In this book Tacky and his fellow penguins were going to compete in the Winter Games. Of course in Tacky's life he doesn't do anything the right way. Tacky and the Winter Games by Helen Lester and illustrated by Lynn Munsinger was published in October 2005. 

This book wasn't as funny as other Tacky books. I really enjoyed this book though as did my kids. I love the way the author writes the text in this story. The story-line is imaginative and there is not many stories like it. The illustrations in this book are colorful and really tell the story of Tacky. Some of my kids missed some of the funny parts because the words don't show all what Tacky is doing. My kids really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to share more Tacky books with them. Have you ever read a Tacky book? Tell us in the comments. 






Comments

Popular Posts