The Winning Goal (Hey Jack! #3) by Sally Rippin

 


I am lucky enough to have a friend who sells for Usborne (though she would love if I started to sell it too). I found the Hey Jack! series by chance and found out that my three older kids love the books. So much that my nine year old loves reading the books by herself in her free time. So it's a win win in my book. This book is #3 in the series. In this book, Jack wants to kick The Winning Goal in soccer, but the coach has made him goalie. There is no glory in goalkeeping? The Winning Goal (Hey Jack! #3) by Sally Rippin and illustrated by Stephanie Spartels was published in January 2012. 

I really love this series and it's a perfect book to start kids on reading chapter books. The chapters are short but also the story is only three chapters long. My boys really love reading the book with me. The words are simple enough that they can understand and can sound out a lot of them on their own. But also that it has a great story-line. I love the part where they are focusing in on a feeling. Not your normal sad, mad, happy feeling but more intense feelings such as moochy. It's really neat to talk to my kids and talk about when they feel that feeling as well. I recommend checking out this book. 




Comments

Popular Posts