50 States of Reading: Kansas

 


    We were pretty excited to celebrate and read about Kansas. As we live in Kansas ourselves. My kids thought it was funny to "travel" to Kansas as we already live here. But I figured they would still learn things when we read a book about Kansas. Also their grades were all talking and doing homework over our state's statehood day. 


Kansas (Rookie Read-About Geography) by Christine Taylor-Butler was published in March 2006. My kids really are enjoying the rookie books to learn about the states. We loved the photographs in this book. My kids thought it was funny that the photos were a lot of farms when we are surrounded by houses. We enjoyed reading it and discussing other things that should have been included in the book. My kids really enjoyed it and I think it's a worth checking out. 








Comments

Popular Posts