Presidents' Day by Anne Rockwell

 


Can you believe we are almost done with February? We already got through all of the busy holidays and now we are busy celebrating our past Presidents birthdays. My kids have been so busy in school learning about the presidents like Abraham Lincoln and George Washington this past week. On Presidents' Day we decided to read a book for it as a family. In this book a school is celebrating Presidents' Day by putting on a play. Mrs. Madoff said I could be George Washington. Everyone has important parts in the play. Presidents' Day by Anne Rockwell and illustrated by Lizzy Rockwell was published in December 2007. 

I had a lot of hope for this book as did my kids. But we all felt like it fell flat when it could have been amazing book. We felt like there was not really a story-line in this book and it  was a bummer. My kids were bored in this book. The only thing they liked was the illustrations. The illustrations in this book were colorful and really grab your attention. It looked like kids were dressing up as Presidents. I did like how they incorporate facts about the Presidents.  We do not recommend this book. 




Comments

Popular Posts