Groundhog Day! by Gail Gibbons

 


My kids have been talking about Groundhog Day for a week wondering if he was going to see his shadow or not. So of course on Groundhog Day we had to find out if he saw his shadow which he did. So six more weeks of winter. In this book it talks about how Groundhog Day was created and why it is famous. It talks about all the aspects of the special day. Groundhog Day! by Gail Gibbons was published July 2006. 

My kids didn't really like this book as much as I hoped they would. They felt like it had way too much information and that it was boring. They also felt like it dragged on and some of the info was not needed. I was bummed because it had a lot of good information in it. The illustrations in this book were colorful and really helped with the long text. I recommend this for big kids like upper elementary. 










Comments

Popular Posts