I Am Harriet Tubman by Brad Meltzer

 


I want my kids to learn about the world around of us. Not just all the good things but also some of the bad things. I would say one of the hard things in our past is when the United States had slaves. If I don't teach my kids about the bad things in our world then how can they learn about it and help our world to move forward. In this book it's a biography book of Harriet Tubman. This book focuses on her timeline and about the Underground Railroad. I Am Harriet Tubman by Brad Meltzer and illustrated by Christopher Eliopoulos was published in January 2018. 

My kids really enjoyed this book and were able to understand how important Harriet Tubman was. How she changed history one day at a time. We loved the illustrations and how they are colorful. It really helped my kids pay attention to the book. It also helped in keeping my two year old listen to the story. I loved that this book had facts throughout but they were easy read which is perfect for elementary age kids. No boring text here like most biographies. I can't wait to read more books by Brad Meltzer. 


Check out other biographies here. 

Check out other Black History Month here. 



Comments

Popular Posts