Book Review: No Hitting! by Karen Katz

 


We received this book from Infant Toddler therapist when Miles was two years old. I am actually surprised I haven't reviewed this book as its been in our collection of books forever. Anyway, just recently we started to have an issue with Cassie hitting her siblings or playmates when she was upset. So, I decided to read, No Hitting!  by Karen Katz, to her and see if that helps. For those that don't know that would make this book called a social story. When you use a book to help end a behavior or encourage a behavior. This book was published in July 2011. Follow along to all the characters learning to not hit others but do other fun activities. 

I really like this book, it shows that we can use other things to help our anger other then hitting our friends, family, or even a pet. I love Karen Katz books because her illustrations are colorful and really draw the eye to it especially for the attended audience of a toddler. I love how simple the text is as well and how they don't want us to get rid of the anger feeling or even try to ignore it but have a safe outlet for it. For a mom of four kids and one of which has a hard time with his feelings I really appreciate them giving those examples. I recommend checking this book out. 



 





Comments

Popular Posts