25 Days till Christmas: Was That Christmas? by Hilary McKay

 


On the 16th Day of Christmas, Santa brought my kids a new book to read for bed. In this book, Bella learns all about Christmas in preschool. She knows that Santa Claus comes in a sleigh pulled by reindeer in the snow. She was so excited to tell her cat Black Jack when she got home. Bella, saw Santa at her preschool and was sad to know that there was no sleigh, reindeer, and no presents for Black Jack. Was That Christmas? by Hilary McKay was published in October 2002. 

I had so much hope for this book even though I saw that it had few stars on Goodreads. The illustrations in this book are beautiful and simple. My kids really liked looking at all the pictures. The words are easy to read but there was really a storyline in the book. It felt like more like list to do rather then a story. My kids enjoyed it somewhat out of them I received two thumbs up from two kids.  I do not recommend checking this book out. 





Comments

Popular Posts