25 Days till Christmas: Dear Santa, I Know it Looks Bad But It Wasn't My Fault!

 


Every year we start reading a Christmas book a night leading up to Christmas starting December 1st. My kids look forward to it every year and I look forward to it. I used to buy the books and then I realized after the first year that it was too expensive to buy 25 Christmas books every year. So I started to check them out at the library. Yesterday was December 1st so we all sat around the couch and I started our countdown to Christmas tradition. 

In this book Scalawag has been a good cat all year, well according to him. Any troublesome incidents that Santa may have heard needs to be fully explained. So he writes a series of letters to Santa to explain all of the misunderstands and of course explain what he wants for Christmas. Dear Santa, I Know It Looks Bad But It Wasn't My Fault! by Norma Lewis was published in September 2018. 

My kids really enjoyed this story about Scalawag and his letters. I loved how they used letters to Santa to tell the story rather then just writing a story of a cat wrecking Christmas. I loved the ending of this story and how it didn't matter to the owner what a troublemaker her cat was. This is such a neat book and it's perfect to read to our kids. Also we talked about how we should always explain what really happened and not to use excuses. The illustrations in this book are colorful and really help tell the story of what is happening through out the book. Check out this book with your kids, I recommend it. 

We also wrote our own letters to Santa to go along with this book. 





Comments

Popular Posts