25 Days till Christmas: Nutcracker Night by Mireille Messier

 


On the 21st night of Christmas, Santa brought my kids a new book to read for bed. A little girl heads towards the Nutcracker ballet in this onomatopoeic representation. From the swish of her dress to the tick-tick-tick of the conductor's baton. Follow along this sensory ride as she enjoys the ballet. Nutcracker Night by Mireille Messier was published in November 2019. 

I really liked this take on the Nutcracker as it only uses sounds in books. This book really helps with vocabulary in books in showing that you can use sounds in literature. My kids loved this book in that it was simple and not over the top but get the point across. The illustrations go along with the story but also tell a story more in depth then the words. The illustrations are colorful and really draw the attention to them. My kids really liked this book and was able to read it on their own as well as me read it to them. 







Comments

Popular Posts