25 Days of Christmas: The Christmas Cat by Maryann Macdonald

 


On the 7th day of Christmas, Santa brought me a new book for the my kids. This book is based off of Leonardo da Vinci's drawings of La Madonna del Gatto painting. All babies cry and Jesus was no different. On the night he was born, no one could calm baby Jesus. When a curious kitten wanted to try to calm the baby a loving friendship was created. The Christmas Cat by Maryann Macdonald was published in October 2013. 



The illustrations by Amy Junes Bates are so beautiful it takes awhile to just look at everything on the page. My kids loved looking at the pictures through this book. I have never heard of the legend of a cat comforting Jesus but this story is really neat. My kids loved this story and all think that it's a good possibility that Jesus had a kitten for a pet. We really loved this story and how it portray the characters. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts