The Last Kids on Earth by Max Brallier

 


Ever since the monster apocalypse hit town, average thirteen year old Jack Sullivan has been living in his tree house, which he's armed to the teeth with catapults and a moat, not to mention video games and an endless supply of Oreos and Mountain Dew. But Jack alone is no match for the hoards of Zombies and Winged Wretches and Vine Thingies, and a massive monster named Blarg. Will he find others like him? The Last Kids on Earth by Max Brallier illustrated by Douglas Holgate was published in October 2015. This book is the first book in the series. The series, you will need to read in order. This book has won Texas Bluebonnet Award (2018), South Carolina Book Award for Children's Book (2018), and Bluestem Book Award Nominee (2020). 

I was going to read this book to Miles as I thought oh this book is perfect for a kid who likes monsters and zombies. But, for some odd reason he was not into this book what so ever. So I tried with Mason. Let me tell you, Mason is begging me to read more then one chapter a night with him of this book. He loves how funny the main character of the book is. He loves the humor in this book. This book is not so much as scary as funny. The illustrations in this book are so much fun and really help the book feel less like a chapter book then normal. It's an amazing book. Just don't watch Netflix's of this book because it's exactly like the book. 

I also will say this not only is my son enjoying the book, but I am enjoying this book. When Mason begs me to read another chapter I am doing the same thing inside. I want to read another chapter of this book. It's so fun. 




Comments

Popular Posts