Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak

 

Max, a wild and naughty boy, is sent to bed without his supper by his exhausted mother. In his room, he imagines sailing far away to a land of Wild Things. Instead of eating him, the Wild Things make Max their king. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak was published in April 1963. This book has won Caldecott Medal in 1964, Lewis Carroll Shelf Award, Indies Choice Book Award for Picture Book Hall of Fame in 2009. 

As a kid, I loved this book. My parents and older siblings read it to me over and over again. Now that I have had my own children I love reading them some of the classic books that I have read. I had the pleasure of reading it to Cassie and Mason. Cassie loved looking at the amazing colorful illustrations through out this book. Mason loved the antics of the Wild Things and Max. I am sure Mason can picture himself in the place of Max. My kids really loved listening to the book as I read it and giggled a lot through the book. This book is easy to read loud and really get into the book. I recommend this book so much. 








Comments

Popular Posts