The Ember Stone (The Last Firehawk #1) by Katrina Charman

 


I started reading chapter books to my kids before bed as a family as well as reading a book with each of them individually. We use our family read to discuss our thoughts after each chapter in the book to help their comprehension increase. I have a few kids who struggle with comprehension where others do not. So anything to help them increase is a plus in my book. In this book a terrible darkness is spreading across Perodia. Thorn, a powerful vulture is using dark magic to destroy the magical land. A young owl named Tag may be the only one who can save it! The Ember Stone by Katrina Charman illustrated by Jeremy Norton was published in September 2017. This book is the first book in The Last Firehawk series. 

This book is a fantasy book and it really is intense book. My kids really enjoyed it from the youngest who is two to the oldest who is ten years old. This books chapters are short which is great for right before bed type of book. It also left the kids hanging after most of the chapters. My kids really enjoyed listening to me read this book to them. They also enjoyed discussing the book after each chapter. The illustrations in this book do not have color but each picture has so much details my kids really liked looking at the illustrations. I recommend checking this book out. 




Comments

Popular Posts