In Like a Lion Out Like a Lamb by Marion Dane Bauer

 


We had to check out the famous saying in like a lion and out like a lamb for spring. In this book, the rattling windows with the roar of a late-winter storm, March shows up like a lion. This book covers the changeable nature of spring weather, as the lion makes way for the lamb. In Like a Lion Out Like a Lamb by Marion Dane Bauer and illustrated by Emily Arnold McCully was published in February 2011. 


I wanted to like this book but my kids for some reason could not get into this book. We loved the colorful illustrations even though the lamb resembles a dog more. I felt like this story was confusing and lacked a story-line. I felt like it was missing some things or could elaborate on others. I do like the concept of the story but it felt forced. This story could have used a little more work on it. My kids were bummed that it was not worth checking out. We rated it as a maybe book to check out. 






Comments

Popular Posts