Spring: An Alphabet Acrostic by Steven Schnur

 


I love to do seasons books throughout the season. So of course we are still in spring season as it just started. In this book the pleasure of spring, from April to Zenith are captured in twenty-six short poems. Spring: An Alphabet Acrostic by Steven Schnur and illustrated by Leslie Evans was published in March 1999. 

I had a lot of hopes when I got this book from the library. But the poems did not make since what so ever. I did use this book to talk about the Acrostic poetry with the kids. We talked about what other words the author could have used in the book for each letter. My kids were bored with this book and did not enjoy listening to it. This book is not made to read a loud and rather read by yourself. It was extremely hard to read a loud. The illustrations are beautiful and colorful and are worth looking at. 




Comments

Popular Posts