Great Day for Up by Dr. Seuss

 


We read two books on Dr. Seuss birthday and of course they were both Dr. Seuss books. We read the famous Green Eggs and Ham books and we also read this book. We also ate Green Eggs and Ham for dinner and had cupcakes for dessert. I love creating fun little traditions for my kiddos to celebrate fun holidays. In this book we are learning many meanings of "up" that is conveyed with merry verse and illustrations in a happy book. Great Day for Up by Dr. Seuss illustrated by Quentin Blake was published by August 1974. 

This is not one of our favorite Dr. Seuss books. We love the illustrations in this book in that they are so colorful. I love that there are the famous rhymes that is common in Dr. Seuss books. This book was really hard to read aloud so I don't recommend it for read aloud. The kids really enjoyed listening to the book and thought it was neat. I recommend checking it out. 





Comments

Popular Posts