Sleep, Sheep! by Kerry Lyn Sparrow

 


As a parent I think we have always had a child who fights sleep and uses every excuse to not go to bed at night. Especially when they are over tired and just can't calm down enough to fall asleep. In this book, Duncan has to have certain stories, pajamas, bubble-gum flavored tooth paste but he still won't go to sleep. His mom told him to try to count sheep. So He does, when he gets to sheep #28 who doesn't want to jump over his bed. The sheep tries to delay using all the excuses Duncan has. Will the sheep ever do what he's suppose to do? Sleep, Sheep! by Kerry Lyn Sparrow illustrated by Guillaume Perreault was published in October 2018. 


I had a lot of hope for this story. The story-line is so cute and really reminds me of my kids using every excuse to stay up late. I am much like that mom. My kids go to bed with a drink and books to read in bed. I have also told my kids to count sheep which of course they do not do it. They think its funny of a suggestions. So my kids giggled through this book because it was funny. The sheep I am sure reminded them of them and they were able to make a personal connection with the story. I did feel like the story dragged on but that I might be the authors purpose if it was a bedtime story. To drag on and get kids to sleep. The illustrations are not as colorful as my kids would like. But they really enjoyed this story and still talk about it a few days later. 

Comments

Popular Posts