Creepy Carrots! by Aaron Reynolds

 


The Twilight Zone comes to the carrot patch in this clever picture book parable about a rabbit who fears his favorite treats are out to get him. Jasper Rabbit loves carrots - especially Crankenhopper Field carrots. Creepy Carrots! by Aaron Reynolds illustrated by Peter Brown was published in August 2012. This is book one in Creepy Carrots series. This book has been Caldecott Medal Nominee in 2013, Odyssey Award Nominee in 2014, Pennsylvania Young Readers' Choice Award for Grades K-3 in 2014, California Young Readers Medal Nominee for Primary in 2016, Monach Award Nominee in 2015, Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Picture Book in 2012, SCBWI Crystal Kite Member Choice Award for Midwest in 2013. 

I love this book so much. This book is so funny and often time when I am reading it to a kid or even listening to it being read I crack up laughing. The things that Jasper Rabbit sees makes you giggle. But I as a parent of four kids see so many similarities with my kids when they think monsters are after them. Everything becomes that monster. I really love this book and my kids love this book so much. This is actually one of their favorite books that we have read. This book is great for Halloween for young kids (it's not really scary) but can be used throughout the year. Cassie and I read it for Letter C week. The illustrations are fun and colorful and really grab your attention to what the author wants you to notice first in the book. The text in this book is fun and perfect to use to read-aloud but also great for a kid to read on their own. I highly recommend this book. 





Comments

Popular Posts