Ben Draws Trouble by Matt Davies

 


Ben loved drawing more than anything else in the world (with the possible exception of riding his bicycle). He drew boats as well as bicycles, sharks and spaceships. But most of all he loved drawing people. When Ben loses his sketchbook his world is turned upside down. Who will find it? Ben Draws Trouble by Matt Davies was published in April 2015. 

I wanted to like this book as a parent but I felt like it was encouraging kids to make fun of people while drawing is okay. Which its not and my kids and I discussed this as we read the book. The story-line flows great but I just don't like the meaning behind this whole story. I would have loved if the main character would have been in trouble for the way he was drawing but there was no place for it in this book. I don't recommend checking this book out. 




Comments

Popular Posts