The Big Sibling Getaway by Korrie Leer

 



I have four kiddos and have dealt with the emotions of having a new baby being born many times. I am not having anymore babies but know several friends who are. So when I saw this book, I thought heck why not check it out. In this book, Cassie sees the boxes and then a baby comes. Then the loud, nonstop crying. She is so desperate to get away from it all that she climbs into one of the empty boxes and sets off. How far does she have to go for some peace and quiet. The Big Sibling Getaway by Korrie Leer was published in September 2020. 

Let me first talk about the amazing illustrations in this book. The illustrations are so colorful and they cover the whole page of the book. Cassie (my daughter) loved looking at each picture. She didn't even want me to turn the page until she had enough time looking at it all. The text is so cute and really wanted you to turn the page to find out what was going to happen next. Where was the girl going in the book and will she be happy in the end? I loved how it was the girl's imagination inside the box and shows how imaginations can help give you an escape from some situations. I loved this book so much that I think every kid who is going to be a big sibling should check it out. 







Comments

Popular Posts