Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

 


So let me tell you that I read this myself and none of my kids read this. But I thought I would review it in my blog as it is a young adult book. I bought this book because I loved the cover of this book. I love buying books by the cover which I know should not be done. Juliette hasn't been touched anyone in 264 days. The last time she did it was accident but she killed a little boy. Now she is locked up for murder. She doesn't want to hurt anyone else and no one knows why her touch is fetal. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi was published in November 2011. This book is book one of the Shatter Me series. It has been Nominated for the Arab American Book Award for Children's/Young Adult in 2013. 

I will say this that for awhile in the book it is confusing and slow. But, this book speeds up quickly and you are left hanging on and begging to read more and more. The main characters are absolutely amazing in this book. I could totally see Juliette in my mind and see what she was thinking throughout this book. I felt horrible for her and all that she has gone through. Also what she was going through. The other main characters also had so many faults and so many strengths you could picture them. This book is so amazing and you stay inside Juliette's head throughout the book. You can totally see why it's slow and confusing in the beginning of the book as you get to know Juliette. The story-line leaves you hanging and you feel for what is happening to this world. It's worth a read and I recommend you check it out. I do recommend that the reader be at least 13 years old or older. 








Comments

Popular Posts