The Titan's Curse by Rick Riodan

 


It's not everyday you find yourself in combat with a half-lion, half-human. But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster. Oh, and guess what? The oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive...The Titan's Curse by Rick Riodan was published in May 2005. This is book three of Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and book three of Camp Half-Blood Chronicles. 

I read this book on my own in college when they first started to come out. Now my kids are enjoying these books as we read them as a family. My kids love this series so far and love how the author describes everything is happen. We have had to do some research on some of the Greek gods so they can know more about the characters. But this book just adds on top of the first two books in the series. The main characters are growing in their strengths and learning to overcome their weaknesses. They are not flat in that they only have strengths and everything is perfect. They each have a backstory that the author is slowly weaving into the story. This book was no different then the other two. I love that it was it's own story that it had the natural flow of a story but also it's a pieced into the series. I can't wait to reread book four while reading it to my four kids. I highly recommend checking this series out. 







Comments

Popular Posts