Great, Now We've Got Barbarians! by Jason Carter Eaton

 


Have you ever looked at a picture book and go, "What the heck is this about?" Yep, that is exactly what I did when I saw this book on the library shelf. So I knew I had to check it out and of course read it to my kids. We love reading some unusual books. In this book, a untidy kid sets off a pest invasion like no other in this book. Cleaning up is a parent's job, right? Great, Now We've Got Barbarians! by Jason Carter Eaton illustrated by Mark Fearing was published in February 2017. 

The illustrations in this book really make the book. They are so packed full of fun entrainment that really could spend an hour looking at each page. So the story-line is really cute and has a fun take on instead of mice you have barbarians taking over the house. My kids really loved this book and even shared it with their class at school. I felt like it was hard to read on some pages when I read a loud but I feel like kids can read it on their own okay. My son also loved reading the ending of the book and wishes there was another book following. It's a great book and for sure need to check it out for your messy kids. 




Comments

Popular Posts