My Lucky Day by Keiko Kasza

 


I have checked this book out of the library a couple of times for my kids and we just never got around to reading it. Finally though I found time to read it to at least one of my kids. A yummy looking piglet knocks on Mr. Fox's door. The fox can hardly believe his good luck, as it's not every day that dinner just shows at your door. It must be his lucky day, or is it? Before Mr. Fox could dine the piglet manipulates him into doing several things. My Lucky Day by Keiko Kasza was published in January 2003. This book has won the Grand Canyon Reader Award for Picture Book (2006), California Young Readers Medal for Primary (2007), Monarch Award (2006), and North Carolina Children's Book Award (2006). 

The illustrations in this book are so amazing and really cute. I loved looking at the illustrations as I read this to Cassie. She giggled at the silly antics of the piglet through the whole book. It also reminds me how kids just want just one more thing when all we want to do is relax or eat a meal. The story-line is so cute and really flows well into each other. I love how it leaves you hanging at the end of this book. This book really deserves the awards it was received. Make sure you check it out. 





Comments

Popular Posts