Listen to My Trumpet! by Mo Willems

 



We love Mo Willems in our house. In this book Gerald is careful. Piggie is not. Piggie can not wait to play her new instrument for Gerald. But is she ready to listen for his reaction? Listen to My Trumpet! by Mo Willems was published in February 2012. This is apart of the Elephant and Piggie series and is book 17. This book was a Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Picture Book in 2012.

I love a lot of Mo Willems books. This book is so cute and really makes kids laugh. My kids giggled every time I read the trumpet noise. The illustrations in this book is so similar to his other books that it flows really well. You do not need to read the books in order, we sure don't in my family. The words on the pages are simple enough for kindergarteners can read but so fun to read aloud as well. I love giving each of the characters their own voice while I read them which always cause my kids to bust up laughing. We love this book and can't wait to read more Mo Willems books. 

Comments

Popular Posts