Book Review: Hello, Red Fox by Eric Carle


I grew up on reading Eric Carle books. I always really enjoyed reading his books and looking at the amazing illustrations that he creates with paper. So when I saw this look I realized it was a book that I have not read by him at all. How can that be? So I picked up, "Hello, Red Fox" by Eric Carle to check out for myself and for my kids. So in this book it's Little Frog's birthday, and Mama Frog gets a big surprise when the guest show up for his party. The animals are all the wrong color.

I usually love books by Eric Carle, but I am sad to say this was one of them that I couldn't get into or really enjoy at all. I felt like the book was really hard to read for an adult to read to her children. I still love his illustrations throughout the book like all the other. But struggle through the book to read. Not sure if it was the story or if it was because it was hard to read the color of the animals being wrong. My kids really enjoyed looking at the pictures but were bored with the story.

Check out other books on Mason's 1000 books before Kindergarten here. 

Check out Mommy's books here. 

Comments

Popular Posts