Book Review: Babies Don't Eat Pizza: A Big Kids' Book About Baby Brothers and Baby Sisters by Dianne Danzig

So we read this over this summer (I am behind on reviews...) before having Cassie. I wanted Mason to be prepared to have a baby sister in his life. You see Mason is a big Mama's boy and he loves to snuggle with me and loves the attention. He is used to sharing me with his older siblings and the kids I babysit off and on but not used to not having my attention all the time. So...I picked up this book, "Babies Don't Eat Pizza" by Dianne Danzig. This is kid-friendly honesty and humor. It informs and reassures children about babies coming into their homes.

I love the story but for a three year old I felt like it was way over his head most of the time. I think this would be a great book say for a kid who is five or even six years old. But for a three year old it was long and too much info all at once. The illustrations though in this book were amazing and really neat to look it. I actually used a lot of the pictures to put what is happening in three year old terms. All in all if you have an older child getting a baby siblings check it out.

Check out other Mason's 1000 books before Kindergarten here. 

Check out books for you when it's nap time here. 

Comments

Popular Posts