The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui Sutherland

 


The seven dragon tribes have been at war for generations, locked in an endless battle over an ancient, lost treasure. A secret movement called the Talons of Peace is determined to bring an end to the fighting, with the help of a prophecy --a foretelling that calls for great sacrifice. Five dragonets are collected to fulfill the prophecy, raised in a hidden cave and enlisted, against their will, to end the terrible war. But not every dragonet wants a destiny. And when the select five escape their underground captors to look for their original homes, what has been unleashed on the dragon world may be far more than the revolutionary planners intended. The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui T. Sutherland was published in July 2012. This book is number in the Wings of Fire book series. This book was nominated for Pennsylvania Young Readers' Choice Award for Grades 3-6 in 2015. 

I had the pleasure of finding this book series with Miles. If you haven't heard I try to read to each of my kid one on one almost every night on top of reading as a family. This book is very slow in the beginning as they build up the world and the start of the story. I really dreaded reading the book every night with Miles for the first part of the book. I always ask my kids to let me know when they are not liking the book and I think I asked Miles after every night reading for the first section of the book if he was still enjoying the book. Which he was. I am so glad he was as the book finally sped up and the story-line progressed. I fell in love with the dragonets and really want them to succeed. I loved how each of the dragons have their own purpose but also their own personalities. I also love seeing their faults and their strengths. I started struggling to not read ahead without Miles because it was so good. The ending was amazing and really set the whole series apart. I recommend checking this book out and not giving up until the second section at least. 




For book 2 Review

Comments

Popular Posts