Book Review: Deep in the Woods by Christopher Corr


My oldest choose this book to read this summer. She did a literary walk (is where you look at all the pictures of the book to get an idea on what the book is about) to see if this book was something that she wanted to check out from the library.

"Deep in the Woods" by Christopher Corr was published in 2015.  This is a retelling of the classic Russian folk tale Teremok. A house in the woods is a perfect place for a mouse to live when one day a knock on the door. A rabbit came to visit and the next day another animal. Little by little more animals arrive until the little house crashes to the ground.

The illustrations in this book are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. They are so colorful and whimsical that my kids loved looking at the illustrations over and over. I really wish the story line did not drag on as it was hard to keep all four of my children's attention. I did though like that it was from a different culture folk tale that I can teach my children about. All in all we liked reading it but it is not a book that we will keep in our own bookshelf.

Check out other books on our Summer 2019 reading list.

Check out other books on Mason's 1000 books before Kindergarten list.


Comments

Popular Posts