Tacky's Christmas by Helen Lester

 


Tacky, Goodly, Lovely, Angel, Neatly, and Perfect are celebrating the holiday with good cheer, singing, and lots of presents. Tacky's present is a little bit different, and not exactly what his friends had in mind, but when the Christmas merrymaking is interrupted by hunters in search of pretty penguins, it's Tacky's gift that helps to save the day. Tacky's Christmas by Helen Lester illustrated by Lynn Munsinger was published in September 2010. This is book 8 in the Tacky series. 

The first time that I read the Tacky books was while I was student teaching a bunch of third graders. I loved watching these kids giggle and giggle over and over so much while listening to me read the first book in the series. Even my teacher mentor was impressed with my read aloud ability. She said she never had a student teacher who read with so much character and it showed the students my love of reading. This book is so much like the other Tacky books. Tacky is such an unusual penguin that makes kids giggle and laugh at his funny antics. This book is no different. The illustrations are colorful and really tell the funny parts in this book. Tell the truth the illustrations tell the book completely different then the words. So it's two books in one. My kids loved listening to this book and looking at the illustrations. They loved how silly Tacky is and what he gets up to. I recommend any of the Tacky books to your collection. 




Comments

Popular Posts