Jeannette Claus Saves Christmas by Douglas Rees

 


It's Christmas Eve -- and Santa's sick! His spunky daughter, Jeannette, takes on the task of delivering all the presents, but when rebellious reindeer leaves her standard halfway through the night, Jeannette has to get creative. Luckily, it isn't long before the feisty Miss Claus makes some new friends and they are back in action, saving Christmas Day for all! Jeannette Claus Saves Christmas by Douglas Rees illustrated by Olivier Latyk was published in October 2010. 


I love finding unusual off the beat children's book. This was one of them that I found to read to my kids. It was a book that didn't have any holds on it and yet it had Christmas in the title. I am so glad that I was not disappointed into this book. Cassie loved listening to me read this book as did Mason. They loved the unusual story-line where instead of reindeer they had to use cats and dogs that lived on the street. The illustrations in this book are so colorful and fun that it keeps the listeners engaged into the story. The story-line is adorable with the natural arc found in the best stories. This book was easy to read aloud and I had no trouble with any of the words. It all flowed perfectly on every page. I recommend checking this book out. 






Comments

Popular Posts