Please, Open This Book! by Adam Lehrhaupt

 



One of my favorite books that I remember reading was a book about a monster at the end of the book. It's where the characters of the book yell at you for turning the page. It's a book that I most likely read as a kid one time but it stuck and created a lasting image in my head. Of course I have read that book awhile ago to my own children. Just like my husband loves reading Curious George books to our kids as well. In this book, books are made to be opened especially this one, but guess what...someone closed the book. Who would do that but luckily you can fix it. Please, Open This Book! by Adam Lehrhaupt illustrated by Matthew Forsythe was published in October 2015. 

I had the pleasure of reading this book to my son Miles. Miles is starting to get to the age where picture books don't always hold his attention. He is now getting more into chapter books. But I knew he would get a huge kick out of this book. I love the simple illustrations in this book and how unique the illustrator created them. The animals looked like they have texture on each page. The words are funny and really interactive as it is up to you whether to close the book or not. Each page the characters get more and more upset as you near the end of the book. Miles maybe a bit old for books like this but he really enjoyed it. He was laughing at the silly antics and really seem to enjoy the book. The text is simple for a kid to read on their own but also really easy for someone to read a loud. It's a book that I think a lot of kids will have great memories of their very own about it. 



Comments

Popular Posts