A Letter From Your Teacher: On the Last Day of School by Shannon Olsen

 


It's that time of year when kids are heading to their last couple of days of school for summer. My three kids in school have really grown and shine this year. This was Mason's first year in-person schooling since last year we decided to have him remote. This was Ginny's last year in elementary school all together as she heads now to middle school. This was Miles first year of being home with me without his other two siblings here. A lot has happened. We have really enjoyed the new school that Miles that our school district decided to have which is a virtual school. He succeed a lot last year being remote that for his best interest we decided virtual school was for him. We fell in love with his teacher and his class so much. The kids just understood each other as many have anxiety, or special needs. Then a month ago the school district decided to announce that after this year they won't have virtual school. Which caused heartbreak through the whole class even the teacher who begged me to keep Miles virtual next year no matter what. Miles will attend a state wide virtual school next year through a different district. But we are happy for this chance. But we are sad to say goodbye to our friends we have made this last year. Also say goodbye to the teacher we had. 

So this book is a letter from a teacher to her class on the last day of school. It talks about the love the teacher has for her class. A Letter From Your Teacher: On the Last Day of School by Shannon Olsen illustrated by Sandie Sonke published in March 2022. 

I cried my eyes out as I read this book. Because I felt like this book really was about Miles class. It really fit to what these kids were feeling in this class and knowing that they were all going their own ways. Also I could totally see Miles teacher writing this for his class on the last day of school. I felt that I had to share it with her to her telling me she was going to actually read it to his class on the last day. It's such a cute story and I think all teachers would feel as this teacher in this book feels. I highly recommend it. 




Comments

Popular Posts