The Little Red Cat Who Ran Away and Learned His ABC's by Patrick McDonnell

 


It starts with an Alligator and Bear chasing a Cat. When a Dragon and a chicken and an egg join in pursuit, things start to get really interesting. A wild and wacky chase through snow and ice, and to jungles and over mountaintops, leads the whole crew to a wonderful realization: They're better off as friends. The Little Red Cat Who Ran Away and Learned His ABC's by Patrick McDonnell was published in September 2017. 

Can you believe that this school year is coming to an end? At the end of this month, I will have Ginny going into 6th grade, Miles going into 4th grade, and Mason going into 2nd. Next school year will be my last school year with Cassie home with me. I love teaching my kids especially before they head to school. So Cassie and I have been working hard on learning our ABCs. This book was one that read that of course has so many different characters. I love how they use the alphabet in this book and that its actually a story-line. Instead of common alphabet books which is just a letter with the words that go with that letter. This book actually has a story-line. The illustrations in this book could be more fun and really go with the story. But I have finally the author/illustrator wanted the words to tell the story not the picture. But I find with preschoolers and younger they need pictures to keep their attention. I was able to keep Cassie's attention by reading this book in silly ways. I do like this book and I recommend everyone check it out. 

Check out other alphabet books here. 

Check out other books on Cassie's list here. 


Comments

Popular Posts