My First Day by Steve Jenkins and Robin Page

 


The first day of life is different for every animal. Human newborns don't do much at all, but some animals hit the ground running. My First Day by Steve Jenkins and Robin Page was published in January 2013. 

I love this book so much. I love how it talks about different animals all over the world and what they experience on their first day. But also how it contrast what a baby does on their first day. The illustrations in this book are amazing and detailed. I think the only thing that would have made it better would have been that instead of illustrations it would be pictures of the animals in their natural setting. Cassie and Mason really enjoyed learning about animals and seeing the compare and contrast. Which is a huge goal for kids to learn when it comes to reading. I highly recommend checking this book out with your kids. 







Comments

Popular Posts