Ten Apples up on Top by Dr. Seuss

 



I love Dr. Seuss but I do know that he is not an author that everyone loves. In this book is about a dog, a lion, and a tiger all showing off how many apples they can balance on their heads as they skip, walk the tightrope and roller skate their way through the book. Ten Apples Up on Top by Dr. Seuss illustrated by Roy Mckie was published in 1961. 

The illustrations in this book are so colorful that Cassie loved giggling at the silly antics of the character in this book. I loved that the book was really easy to read aloud unlike some of the other books by Dr. Seuss. I didn't have any trouble tripping over my own words as I read each page. I loved how the they counted the apples up instead of down. This is such a fun and silly book that is great to just be silly. Cassie is still pretending to put apples on top of her head. 




The activity that I did with Cassie with this book was i printed off a photo of her and we cut an apple in half. Each time the characters in the book added an apple on top of their heads. Cassie and I would take half the apple and dip it in red paint then use it as a stamp and stamp an apple on top of her head. Once the paint tried we then labled each apple with the appropriate number. It was great to practice our rote counting. 






Comments

Popular Posts